Position: Research Assistant
Hiring unit: McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute
Supervisor: Dr. Julien Doyon
Work location: 3801 University, Montreal.
Hours/weeks: 35 hours
Hourly wage: $27.87 (salary commensurate with experience)
Start: ASAP (one year renewable)
Deadline to apply: February 8th, 2019
We are looking to hire a research assistant to provide support to the supervisor for all ongoing research projects . Assist graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in carrying out behavioral and neuroimaging studies in cognitive neuroscience, and motor learning in particular. Develop, oversee and maintain data analysis pipelines in conjunction with graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. Supervise undergraduate students as well as casuals .
MSc degree in computer science or neuroscience with a strong coding experience in Matlab and Python applied to neurosciences.
Orhter qualifying skills & abilities:
• Good proficiency using Matlab and coding in Python in neurosciences (preferably in human brain imaging);
• Knowledge of neuroimaging software such as FreeSurfer, FSL, AFNI or SPM.
• Good communications skills in French or English (both - preferred).
• Social and interpersonal skills.
• Team player and dedication to the work at hand.
• Ability to work autonomously and deliver on set deadlines.
• Willingness to learn new imaging and data analysis techniques.
• Experience in neurosciences research, preferably in brain and/or spinal cord imaging and a good understanding of statistical analysis pertaining to neuroimaging data will be an asset.
Apply: submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org