Dr. Sylvie Belleville’s laboratory at the Centre de recherche de l’Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal (Québec, Canada), which is affiliated to University de Montréal, seeks a motivated and enthusiastic post-doctoral fellow to join the team.
Dr. Sylvie Belleville’s laboratory at the Centre de recherche de l’Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Montréal (Québec, Canada), which is affiliated to University de Montréal, seeks a motivated and enthusiastic post-doctoral fellow to join the team and help better understand the cognitive and brain changes that occur during aging. More specifically, Dr Belleville wants to understand how the form of reserve that protects individuals occurs, why individuals’ brains differ in their ability to build reserve, and whether cognitive training induces similar neuroplastic compensation effects. She also wants to test the efficacy of computerized interventions adapted for older adults with and without frailty. The post-doctoral fellow will be involved in different aspects of the project including cognitive assessment, brain imaging (MRI and fMRI), data collection, analysis, and writing. The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
• A PhD in neuropsychology, neuroscience, or a related field;
• Clinical or research experience with older adult populations; • Good knowledge of the neuropsychology of aging;
• Expertise with MRI (including structural and functional) data collection and analysis (familiarity with Linux preferred);
• Experience in multivariate statistical techniques, programming, and scripting;
• Experience and knowledge of cognitive assessment;
• Excellent academic record with scientific publications in world-class journals.
This position is for a duration of two years. The start date is flexible but ideally, it should be prior to October 2018. Compensation is competitive and based on the NSERC/CIHR guidelines for post-doctoral positions. A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, two first-authored publications (published or in press), and the names of two referees.
Please submit applications to Sylvie Belleville (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Samira Mellah (email@example.com). We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The position will remain opened until filled.