Imeka is looking for a neuroscientist/neuroimager to join their team.
Imeka is a technology platform company that has brain imaging based translational biomarkers for neuroinflammation, demyelination, and axonal loss. These biomarkers are useful for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies that develop treatments for neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, as well as Multiple Sclerosis. Imeka is currently the only company in the world combining diffusion MRI and AI to map white matter integrity in the brain.
- Our vision is a world in which everyone can thrive and grow old with their full brain capabilities;
- Our mission is to offer the best brain imaging tools and services to help those who are developing treatments and cures improving brain health;
- We value curiosity, kindness, dynamism, trust and contributing to science;
- We pursue our vision and mission with great passion and we are looking for someone to join us in pursuing our goals.
Reporting to our Head of Research (Maxime Descoteaux, PhD), the neuroscientist will play an essential role within the team by contributing to the creation and realisation of projects that develop the products and services of the company. This person will bring to Imeka their expertise in neuroscience, their technological point of view and intellectual curiosity.
- Be a reference in the company for the neuroscientific aspects of our research
- Participate in different research projects through the contribution of neuroscientific knowledge
- Conduct literature reviews pertinent to our research
- Being on the lookout for new scientific literature made available in your field of expertise
- Identify the possible areas of improvement and create new offers of service for our clients
- Create hypotheses, participate in elaboration and realisation of research plans
- Aid in application requirements for research funding
- Respond to questions concerning neuroscience from other team members
- Inform other team members of on-going research projects and new scientific developments relating to your area of expertise.
- Provide prompt neuroscientific support for the projects in our Operations Unit
- Participate in client meetings when explanation of project realisation and results relating to your field are needed
- Ph.D in the field neuroscience
- Expertise in research projects similar to those performed at Imeka
- Demonstrated capacity to understand, communicate and integrate scientific literature
- Show great adaptability, as well as, ease of communication with team members
- Aptitude in streamlining information with the purpose providing training in your domain of expertise for fellow team members
- Knowledge of brain imaging (particularly diffusion MRI) is an asset
- Language: French and English at a professional level(note that all our clients are mostly based in the United-States)
- Full time position
- Competitive salary
- Good healthcare plan
- Fast growing business in a fast growing market
- Flexible schedule
- Dynamic team
Send your CV and your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th of December, 2021. IMPORTANT – Make sure to include, in the subject line of the email: “Application for the Neuroscientist position”.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Looking forward to meeting you!