The Travel for Training Award provides financial assistance to QBIN members wishing to travel to another lab located within Quebec, Canada, or abroad for the purpose of training. The award is open to master’s and PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and research staff members from universities, hospitals and research centres working in areas related to bio-imaging in Quebec. The award is given to enable someone to either receive training at another institution or provide training to someone or a team at another institution.
This program aims to:
- Encourage collaboration with universities, hospitals or research centres located in a different city than the applicant’s home institution
- Support knowledge acquisition and consolidation
- To increase the impact of our member’s research in the international bio-imaging community, including in clinical practice
The Travel for Training Award Program will open twice a year, with deadlines in February and August. For applications filed in February, the departure date must be between April 1st and September 30th of the same calendar year. For applications filed in August, the departure date must be between October 1st of the same year and March 31st of the following calendar year. Only one award will be given per applicant in the same financial year. Results will be announced approximately one month after the application deadline.
The award may cover transportation (air, train, bus) and accommodation (hotel or apartment rental) of up to $250 per week for a maximum of 12 weeks.
The maximum amount of reimbursement by QBIN will be $3,000 including airfare.
- The applicant must be a student, postdoc, or research staff member of QBIN (become a member) who is affiliated with a university, a hospital or a research centre in Quebec and is domiciled in Quebec.
- The applicant’s supervisor must be a regular, emerging, regular-clinician, or regular-clinician emerging member of QBIN (refer to our membership directory or ask them to become a member).
- The training must be directly related to bio-imaging.
- The departure must be within the dates specified for each application cycle.
More information about the application process will be announced on the QBIN website and via the QBIN newsletter prior to each application cycle. Each competition will be listed in the currently open competitions for the duration of the application period.